Friday, January 15, 2016

2015 Reflection

2015
What. A. Year!
I don’t know whether to classify this year as good or as a total doozy! We had so many blessings this year, but also so many challenges, trials, disappointments, changes, loss, and stress!
It started with a bang with a surprise pregnancy which led to us buying a lot for a new house. 
The loss of that pregnancy led to the search for a new job to be closer to the new house/where my family would be since I would no longer have an infant in the middle of a school year. After getting both jobs I had to make a very difficult decision choosing between the two (I know… hard life).
The spring was spent going back and forth with paperwork trying to legalize Bella moving in with us and getting our old house ready to sell. Obviously a blessing but a stressful time as well.
Then came selling a house. I NEVER want to do that again!! I don’t think I have ever seen Anthony more stressed dealing with the closing of the new house and the time frame for the old house. It didn’t help that the buyers were totally crazy and unrealistic!
When moving day came, the movers ruined every piece of furniture which was never resolved, and the very next week I started my new job.
After finding out we were pregnant again during the summer, I thought we experienced another loss in August. For the first 13 weeks, there was a roller coaster of not knowing if everything was normal or not. Finally after the 13 week mark, things smoothed out.
Anthony dealt with ups and downs at his new job and I fell into a rhythm with mine. We went through the transition of having Bella full time and adjusting to the new roles we were all playing.  Dealing with a teenage full time is WAY different than weekend duty. I kinda miss enjoying just the fun times, but I know long term this is the best solution.
Potty training was super stressful and I wasn’t sure we were going to survive. The move plus changing day cares really messed up any progress we had made.
But here we are at the beginning of 2016. We celebrated Christmas and Emi is on cloud 9 with her new bicycle, tablet, and Elsa dresses. She is fully potty trained (thank the Lord!!) and gone from baby to little girl over night! This summer we were barely putting together sentences and now she’s caring on full conversations.  We are expecting little man Piccolo in mid-March and everything seems perfect. His room is coming together and we’re down to 2 names.  Bella is living with us, has made new friends, and is doing well in school.  We are settled into our beautiful house that is still hard to believe is ours sometimes. I love my new job and have felt relatively little stress with the transition. There are things we miss about our old home/way of life, job, and child care, but all-in-all this change was way easier than if we had left our current situation to go to what we had. Bella talked about missing her friends the other day and I feel the same and the transition with Emi has been very hard (maybe more on me than her) but that’s the flow of life.  All-in-all this year has had more blessings than disasters so I guess this year will have to go in the good column. Hopefully 2016 will have less bumps and bruises and lives up to all of our expectations! Either way, I know it’ll work out just the way it’s supposed to!


Best of 2015
January 2015
February 2015



February 2015
February 2015
March 2015



March 2015

April 2015

April 2015

April 2015
May 2015
May 2015

May 2015

July 2015
July 2015

July 2015

July 2015

Moving day July 2015

August 2015

August 2015
September 2015




October 2015





October 2015
December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment